Archdiocese of Hartford embarking on a $12M campaign to add new dimensions to the Cathedral of Saint Joseph campus
A Capital Campaign designed to benefit Connecticut’s Catholic faithful and the Capitol Region
The Archdiocese of Hartford is kicking off a $12M+ capital campaign, Forward with Faith, to renovate, restore, revitalize and illuminate the Cathedral of Saint Joseph, the Mother Church of the Archdiocese of Hartford.
Forward with Faith will raise a minimum of $12,000,000 in gifts and pledges. Everyone will have an opportunity to participate in this special initiative that will help the Archdiocese move into the future and create a vital and new gateway for the City of Hartford in the Asylum Hill neighborhood, called Cathedral Square.
Gifts for the Campaign will include:
- Individual Leadership and Major Gifts
- Corporate and Foundation Gifts
- Commemorate and Memorial (Named) Gifts
A New Vision for the Future
Archbishop Leonard P. Blair has announced a Master Plan (see above) that details a vision for the future of the Cathedral and its campus. Some early renovations have already been completed, including a new addition to the Cathedral, providing rest rooms and an elevator, facilitating better handicap access.
Cathedral Square will unify the design and appearance of our grounds, creating a beautiful, quiet place of reflection and prayer, in celebration of our faith, not only for the benefit of Cathedral parishioners and our Asylum Hill neighbors, but also for the estimated 100,000 people who visit the Cathedral annually.
The Archbishop’s Master Plan for Cathedral Square, and the Forward with Faith campaign will help us realize the following opportunities.
- A new Cathedral Hall featuring education and community meeting facilities, dining area and mausoleum by renovating the lower Cathedral.
- Development of a Cathedral Square featuring a welcome plaza, pedestrian mall, memorial park, public gardens and a gathering place for the entire community.
- Restoration of the steeple and bell tower and illumination of the steeple and Cross that crowns it.
- Repairs to the front plaza and our majestic bronze front doors.
Four Compelling Cases for Support
There are four specific Cases for Support in this campaign. You will find them detailed on respective pages inside this section of the website.
- The Mothers’ Garden
- Discover Our Treasures
- The Cathedral of Saint Joseph
- Our Community … Our Heritage